Friday, February 12, 2010

what does it take?


The Olympics opened tonight in Vancouver and the feeling as always is excitement. Its as if the energy from the athletes seeps into our homes through the TV. its interesting to think that families around the world are coming together to cheer for their team, there is something oddly comforting knowing that.
With the Olympics as a perfect backdrop i am screaming at my body that the time is now!
i need to re-find my motivation to get fit. I've lost it and it seems i need to flip the switch fast before I continue to spiral. It comes down to what do i want more i guess... do i want to stay miserable in my comfort zone? or do i want to find happiness in my health and active body? so this is where i ask..what does it take?! what will make me follow through? i think the answer is a challenge! i need something BIG as an incentive to win and even better i need something BIG as an incentive to not lose the challenge.

hmm what to do ...... i see dollar signs!!!

money is this funny thing, it is arguably the biggest cause of stress and relief in my life. it would be easy to say money is the cause of my weight struggle and even more so the answer to losing it, but it is another issue for another day.
something tells me that once i get one of these under control the rest will fall into place accordingly, here is where my lifelong struggle with patience is put to the test. As they say the things your work the hardest for are the things that mean the most. perhaps that should be my new motto and motivation. you can say although these Olympians may be born with these talents, they work so hard to perfect and become better. I need to think of how much more i will enjoy being thinner and healthier knowing the alternative and knowing i worked to get there.

goal for tomorrow: start small, celebrate even the small achievements and drink 8 glasses of water....oh and come up with a nifty sign off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment