Saturday, February 20, 2010

what happens when the clock runs out?


**ok i just watched "the blind side"... awesome movie! i was smiling through most of it. i think in my next life i want to come back as a rich southern woman because they are a hoot!



Today i realized that although i have full plate right now i'm too concerned with time management. i need to learn i dont have to do it all at once or nothing at all. Take everything in stride. Weight loss its not going to happen instantly no matter what i do or even with my new job im struggling with giving myself the time to learn, i need to realize everything takes time. this concept of "time" is the hardest to process. time heals everything, only time will tell, you will get what you want.. in time. give yourself time to adjust. it takes time.. etc. etc. this infinite, impossible to measure amount of time is the answer to it all. but im a girl that likes answers. if something is going to take time just let me know, 2 days, 3 weeks, 5 months, a year? sure youll understand your job its only gonna take 3 more weeks. sure youll get your degree just stick with it for the next 3 years. absolutely youll lose all your weight in the next 6 months, youll figure out what you want in the next couple of days.. now that would be more like it! it would be nice to rule out all the.. "someday"s , "eventually"s, and the "maybe soon"s. even better would be the .. "ok so you want to go to italy? great! plan to back your bags for april of 2012" but maybe if it worked that way we wouldn't try as hard to get there or maybe we'd be disappointed. Like if someone told me i wouldn't buy a house until 2032 would i just accept that and not even try until then? hmmm.....all the possibilities! Time is too slow and way too fast and takes forever .. haha here i am 22 and i feel like i'm running out of time and yet i have my whole life ahead of me!



On a side note Ive been really good about tracking my calories for the last few days, its almost like a game to see if i make it and for 3 days now i've stayed within the calorie goal and i kinda feel like i'm cheating. I've been eating delicious meals and not feeling like im missing out or hungry AND staying on track?! it seems to good to be true. if i keep this up something might actually happen lol!

1 comment:

  1. I often feel the same way... especially right now with the waiting game that I am playing. I count down the hours until stephen gets off work and watch the days pass as I put X's on my calander leading up to Tayah's due date... Then I keep thinking that once she gets here I'm going to want to freeze time and soak it all up.

    I too wish I could have the answers to all of my questions... but maybe you are right? Would we push ourselfs to reach any goals without that unknown possibility looming over us?

    ReplyDelete